Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SMIC Brand new stil in box with all req. fittings

12A
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SMIC Brand new stil in box with all req. fittings

Quote Originally Posted by cib24 View Post
    All I got.

Type ..........................W x H x T (mm) Total Surface Area Compared to Stock?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stock ........................295 x 115 x 65 = 1.0x
    ARC M103...................310 x 150 x 105 = 2.21x
    KNIGHTSPORTS...........300 x 160 x (75x2) = 3.27x
    GREDDY.....................295 x 190 x 100 = 2.54x
    BLITZ.........................280 x 140 x 102 = 1.81x
    RE-Amemiya................Apparently same core as Greddy = 2.54x

So going by this , MAZDASPEEDS no brand cooler is
    4.16 x bigger cooling core mass area than standard cooling , not bad for standard mount cooler

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SMIC Brand new still in box with all req. fittings

Sorry, should be L x H X W. Don't know why the labels are that way.
    1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS

Mods - Twins @ 1.06 bar, AEM WI 250cc/min, Knight Sports downpipe, RE-A sport cat, Fujitsubo cat-back, Greddy SMIC, Koyo N-Flow, Ohlins DFVs, poly bushings front/rear, Dixcel FP 17" rotors, Project Mu HC+ pads, HEL SS brake lines, Defi boost gauge and Defi DIN gauges for water and oil temp and oil pressure.

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cib24 View Post
    All I got.

Type ..........................W x H x T (mm) Total Surface Area Compared to Stock?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stock ........................295 x 115 x 65 = 1.0x
    ARC M103...................310 x 150 x 105 = 2.21x
    KNIGHTSPORTS...........300 x 160 x (75x2) = 3.27x
    GREDDY.....................295 x 190 x 100 = 2.54x
    BLITZ.........................280 x 140 x 102 = 1.81x
    RE-Amemiya................Apparently same core as Greddy = 2.54x

Great! Thank you
    So my cooler isn't a replica of Knight Sports as the experts say and my cooler is larger
    and far more superior in workmanship with real carbon fiber ducts.
    And not all that much dearer by the time you ship it over and purchase all hardware ��
    Last edited by MAZDASPEED; 22-09-2017 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like

Core size isn't everything with intercoolers.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying it's superior or the best, there is a VERY tight and thin U shape for the dual pass system on both the intercooler you are selling, and the knight sports one.
    Flow restriction and pressure drop is also something to consider, not to mention dual pass doesn't exactly mean it cools significantly on the second pass. The air that flows through the second core fins will already be hot from passing through the first core, having a smaller effect on the heat dissipation of the second core fins.
    This would have about the same cooling effect as a single pass core of the same/similar surface area, but with a tight restriction for no reason.
    Internal design of the core also makes a huge difference, do you have photos of the core design? How do you really know the build quality is better than that of reputable brands and it's not just a cheap pair of cores welded together?

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shifta View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying it's superior or the best, there is a VERY tight and thin U shape for the dual pass system on both the intercooler you are selling, and the knight sports one.
    Flow restriction and pressure drop is also something to consider, not to mention dual pass doesn't exactly mean it cools significantly on the second pass. The air that flows through the second core fins will already be hot from passing through the first core, having a smaller effect on the heat dissipation of the second core fins.
    This would have about the same cooling effect as a single pass core of the same/similar surface area, but with a tight restriction for no reason.
    Internal design of the core also makes a huge difference, do you have photos of the core design? How do you really know the build quality is better than that of reputable brands and it's not just a cheap pair of cores welded together?
    Build quality I mean as in the assembly and the welds are visually of exceptional quality.
    I've seen Knight Sports and the one I saw didn't stack up.
    Looking inside the cores they don't appear cheap. I pressure tested mine to 30psi and double checked for leaks with soapy water.. a good mate of mine has had the earlier designed cooler and updating to this 3rd version and has had no issues with intake temps. Has made some decent power running twins and has run mid 11's with his previous SMIC (same make).
    The new cooler in my mates made good power at relatively low boost the tuner was very impressed- he hasn't changed the turbo's but I will admit he has changed the twin turbo exhaust exit setup which no doubt had something to do with it also.
    But intake temps on the dyno where good. I would have to talk to him more to find out more info. and weather I should be sharing what his done I may have said to much already without
    asking him 1st.
    And no doubt there are going to be haters here making remarks.
    All I want to do is sell this cooler yes it's pricey! I searched for cheaper and better I didn't
    find anything in comparison and my mate hasn't had issues with theses coolers and his car
    is very well known and it's an animal of a street car. Never an issue in hot climates and he has had it out on the race track all day at Sydney in Rotary Revival - never missed a beat.

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shifta View Post

The twin pass is as close to counter flow heat exchange as you can effectively do air to air. It is more efficient as you are maintaining the best temp gradient between the charge air and ambient air flow at each section of the core. This is like run of the mill 2nd/3rd year mech/chemical eng intro to heat transfer stuff. Also lol at the "tight" u section, 2.5inch id pipe is about 3170 square mm that u section is ~9000 square mm flow area, sure there will be proportionaly more boundary layer for area but it is nearly 3 times the area of the pipework as it crosses between cores. If you just wanted thermal mass for a single 9 second pass maybe a single core would present less pressure drop for very large flow. But if you are driving on the street or circuit the twin pass will be a winner for temp control. It is expensive but having seen a few alternatives and these in the flesh I am sure they will shit on anything that fits in the same place, fyi I am getting one of the twin pass cores Ric sells which is still big but the end tank and core design is not as good as these, let along the fantastic ducting in this kit. If i pull my finger out and go twin charged next year I will probably buy one of these to use as the charge cooler between the blower and throttle body, lop the top of the twinpass I have to separate the end tanks.
    Last edited by Slides; 31-10-2017 at 04:37 PM.

12A
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAZDASPEED View Post

At 25 pounds

R magic have tested them with upgraded turbos
    and also sell them.
    Why do you doubt the cooler do you not see the size
    and quality of it?

I have a mate that runs this with upgraded turbos running on pump
    fuel, power FC etc runs 11's

Hi Mazdaspeed, so R-Magic Japan sells them now too? I don't see it in their website, for some reasons, but your photo is from Hyper Rev Car Magazine, and is legit that on a R-Magic print ad. So you are supplying this new SMIC to R-Magic? Is it the same as the PWR SMIC?
    1993 Brilliant Black RX-7 Touring
    2007 Crystal White Pearl RX-8 GT

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ka,
    I did not purchase this cooler from R Magic. I was emailed the info and told they also
    sell them. No doubt they have used them as per advert.
    These coolers are NLA and the advertisement could be old as what I have is the 3rd
    version made and was told I bought the very last of them. There may have been one
    or two still in stock with Marcus or Sasha.
    But highly doubt it now.
    The cooler is truely a work of art and its hardware. I’m not one to by anything half assed
    And have a mate who has used both 1st production and selling it updating to 2nd version
    he has made exceptional power and has never had a problem with these coolers at all.

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Kui View Post
    Hi Mazdaspeed, so R-Magic Japan sells them now too? I don't see it in their website, for some reasons, but your photo is from Hyper Rev Car Magazine, and is legit that on a R-Magic print ad. So you are supplying this new SMIC to R-Magic? Is it the same as the PWR SMIC?
    I haven’t seen a PWR cooler SMIC? And I searched for all availabile SMIC’s at the time of purchase.

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the difference between the first and second or third versions of these coolers?

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

I CAN'T believe this topic of this intercooler is still going...
    who ever is selling it or who ever the intended buyer who ever it maybe either fork the asking price for intercooler or move on to a cheaper alternative what ever that cooler setup maybe.. SIMPLE....
    regardless what ever the stupid amount of power these intercooler claim they can achieve who really cares people need to understand that making power isn't from the intercooler itself there other contributions in relation to making power. the intercooler is just anther supporting mod..
    FUK ME DEAD... ever time this stupid smic auto exe cooler or knight port cooler popes up along with these larger bathurst sp turbos are on going fucking story.. at the end of the day all smic coolers in these RX7 ARE ALLLLLLL HEAT SOAKERS REGARDLESS WHO EVER WANTS TO ARGUE THE POINT OR TRY TO THROW A WRITTEN FACTUAL A4 PAPER AT ME to try prove me wrong.... everyone knows it.. simple... these don't perform much more better then OEM COOLER.. i don't give to flying FUCKS on this forum who tries to lick ball sacks with this cooler and try to vote against me that there great.. mazdaaa FUCKED UP FROM DAY ONE FROM THE S6 having recall on the intake system and cooling system enough info being shown there was a failure point.... INTAKE TEMPS on these fd engine bays will always be high either way you look at it unless a single turbo conversion is being done intake temps will always be high.. simple..

Post Thanks / Like

triggered
    [05:08 PM]stocker: my job is so technical no one else could do it
    [05:08 PM]geezer: fluffer on the set of monster cocks stocker

[06:14 PM] Qqc: were all 60 so we can only really eat bran, not many places cater for our poor digestive systems

Originally Posted by mhale71
    yeah yeah yeah everyone with more ingenuity then you has too much money and time... everyone smarter is a virgin, everyone bigger than you at the gym is on roids... everyone better than you at cod is a hacker ... bla bla heard it all before.. sour grapes.

O NOEZ I LITTUL PENUS HAZ?

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha.

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taza View Post
    What is the difference between the first and second or third versions of these coolers?
    Bigger cores

Post Thanks / Like

Lol but this will make umpteen horse power don't worry matey the FD king is onto it.

12A
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAZDASPEED View Post
    I haven’t seen a PWR cooler SMIC? And I searched for all availabile SMIC’s at the time of purchase.
    Hi Mazdaspeed, so Marcus sent me these photos before on Dec 2017, and saying PWR is making the new version. Not sure is this in production and for sale yet though.
    1993 Brilliant Black RX-7 Touring
    2007 Crystal White Pearl RX-8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Nice I would love the PWR version!

Might even sell my Trust SMIC to fund it.

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

The pwr version is Marcus' version just with pwr cores

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting 1st time ive seen this one!
    How much is/will he be asking?

12A
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Kui View Post
    Hi Mazdaspeed, so Marcus sent me these photos before on Dec 2017, and saying PWR is making the new version. Not sure is this in production and for sale yet though.
    The welding looks a bit doggy